Hepatitis B is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). It can be acute or chronic.
Causes of Hepatitis B: Hepatitis B is spread through contact with the blood, semen, or other body fluids of an infected person. This can happen through:
- Sexual contact
- Sharing needles or syringes
- Contact with an infected mother’s blood during childbirth
Less common ways of transmission include:
- Contact with an open wound or cut that has blood from an infected person
- Sharing toothbrushes, razors, or other personal care items
- Receiving blood transfusions or organ transplants that were not screened for HBV
Symptoms of Hepatitis B:
The symptoms of hepatitis B can range from mild to severe. They usually appear 1 to 4 months after you’ve been infected, but some people may not have any symptoms at all.
The most common symptoms of hepatitis B include:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Light-colored stools
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
Treatment of Hepatitis B:
There is no cure for hepatitis B, but there are treatments that can help manage the infection and prevent complications.
- Acute hepatitis B: Most people with acute hepatitis B recover on their own without treatment. However, some people may need antiviral medication to help their body fight off the virus.
- Chronic hepatitis B: There are several antiviral medications that can help control chronic hepatitis B and prevent liver damage. These medications are usually taken for life which actually never cure.
- There is vaccine for Hepatitis B which can be given only when the lab test shows negative for Hepatitis B.
Homeopathic Treatment: There are about 100 medicines for treating Hepatitis B. Most prescribed medicines are – Acon, Ars, Bell, Bry, calc, Camph, Card-m, Cham, Calc, Chin, Hep, Hippoz, Kali-c, Lach, Lyc, Mag-m, Merc, Nat-m, Nat-S, Nit-ac, Nux-v, Phos, Podo, Psor, Shlph
Since homeopathy is a holistic and symptoms treatment, after analyzing the chief complaint, accompanying physical, emotional and mental symptoms and lifestyle of the patient and the homeopath will prescribe. A good homeopath must counsel the patient to maintain a healthy lifestyle.