The prostate gland is a small, walnut-sized gland in men that produces fluid that helps to semen. There are a number of diseases that can affect the prostate gland, including:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a common condition in older men. It is caused by the prostate gland growing larger, which can put pressure on the urethra and make it difficult to urinate.
- Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. It can be caused by a bacterial infection, but it can also be caused by other factors, such as a virus or an autoimmune reaction.
- Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the prostate gland. It is the most common cancer in men, but most prostate cancers grow slowly and do not cause any symptoms.
The treatment for prostate disease depends on the type of disease and the severity of the symptoms. Some common treatments for prostate disease include:
- Medications for BPH. Medications for BPH work by relaxing the muscles in the prostate gland, which helps to improve urine flow. Some common medications for BPH include alpha-blockers, 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, and anticholinergics.
- Surgery for BPH. Surgery for BPH is usually only recommended for men who have severe symptoms that do not respond to medication. There are a number of different types of surgery for BPH, including transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), laser surgery, and cryotherapy.
- Medications for prostatitis. Medications for prostatitis are used to treat the infection that is causing the inflammation. Some common medications for prostatitis include antibiotics, antifungals, and antivirals.
- Surgery for prostatitis. Surgery for prostatitis is usually only recommended for men who have severe symptoms that do not respond to medication. There are a number of different types of surgery for prostatitis, including transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP) and transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT).
- Medications for prostate cancer. Medications for prostate cancer are used to kill the cancer cells. Some common medications for prostate cancer include hormone therapy, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.
None of the treatments is always effective and has side effects. In most of the patient’s cases, symptoms recur.
Homeopathy provides the best treatment. A homeopath collects whole symptoms of the patient including the chief complaint and accompanying physical, mental, and emotional symptoms. Information about the lifestyle of the patient, and medical history is also analyzed. There are hundreds of remedies for the diseases of prostate gland. The most prescribed remedies depending on symptoms are – Am-, Apis, Aur-m, Bar-c, Calc, Chim, Con, Dig, Lyc, Med, Puls, Sel, Staph, Sulph, Thuja. Any remedy from the materia medica can be prescribed analyzing the overall symptoms of the patient.
The best way to treat prostate disease is to see a homeopath as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and treatment can help to improve the chances of a good outcome.